Beethoven's Mass in C and 'Calm Seas and Prosperous Voyage'
7:30pm, Nov. 30 and Dec. 1, 2007
First United Methodist Church
66 Chestnut St.
The Catskill Choral Society will present its fall repertory at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 30, and Saturday, Dec. 1. Performances will begin with Beethoven's popular "Mass in C," his lesser known cantata, "Calm Seas and Prosperous Voyage," and conclude with Arthur Honegger's "A Christmas Cantata," which combines multiple languages with familiar and less familiar holiday music.
This program will introduce CCS's new music director, Timothy Newton, currently in his first year as Assistant Professor of Music and Music Industry at the State University College at Oneonta.
Guest soloists are: Lori McCann, soprano, Montclair State University; Pamelia Phillips, mezzo-soprano, Montclair State University; Gerald Grahame, tenor, Broome County Community College; and Kirk Eichelberger, bass, San Jose Opera and the Washington National Opera.
Featured also are accompanist John Jurgensen, organist for the First United Methodist Church, and the CCS Girl Choir, under the direction of Laura Hamwey.
Tickets for CCS' fall concert are available now at the following outlets:
- The Green Earth*, 4 Market St., 432-7160.
- Artware, 170 Main St., 432-0679.
- The Eighth Note, 10 S. Main St., 432-0344.
- Cooperstown Natural Foods*, 61 Linden Ave., 547-8613.
- Augur's Book Store, 73 Main St., 547-2422.
- Parker House Gifts*, 74 Main St., 746-3141.
- Fly Creek General Store*, State Highway 28, 547-7274.
- Country Computers and Publishing*, 1004 state Highway 7, 369-2614.
Or from any member of Catskill Choral Society.
*credit cards accepted
Adults $17 ($20 at the door)
Seniors $12 ($15 at the door)