Last updated 3:05AM ET
December 14, 2017
WOUB Local News
WOUB Local News
House burned in Nelsonville
(2007-11-12)
(WOUB) - Firefighters are saying a nearly one-hundred-year-old house in Nelsonville caught fire yesterday because of a faulty chimney.

They arrived at 69 Fayette Street to find smoke coming from the roof and the second floor filled with smoke.

Nelsonville police had to be called in to block roads -- to stop motorists from driving over firefighter's hoses.

The firemen brought the flames under control after about two hours.

The house's owner, Grace Pfaltzgraf, and her husband were in the house when the fire broke out -- but neither was injured.

Officials estimate the fire caused 55-thousand dollars worth of damage.
© Copyright 2017, WOUB