A weekly roundup of the arts and issues in your community Sunday mornings at 8-9 AM on WNTI.
Listen to the ENTIRE show in windows media format.
AIR DATE: Sunday, August 30, 2009
1. Monthly Food Segment: Jewels Quelly, Contours food editor interviews Helene Meissner from NORWESCAP about their annual empty bowls fundraiser lunch. Jewels also speaks to Carol Kesler from Treelicious Farm about her experience this summer at the Hackettstown Farmers Market held Mondays on Main Street and sponsored by the Hackettstown Business Improvement District.
Also see Jewels Quelly's Recipes for this Contours show - Zucchini Recipes.
The Hackettstown BID will be holding its first ever Downtown Farmers Markets this summer.
This has been made possible from grant funds from the Warren County Reg Chamber of Commerce and the Highlands Council. The Farmers Markets will begin on June 1st and will run every Monday from 10am-2pm at the Stella Gs parking lot. The last market will be November 2nd.
If you are interested in being a vendor in the Downtown Farmers Market, please contact the BID Office ASAP, (908) 850-5004 or click below to register online.
- Cost per single market is $10 or at the discounted yearly prices stated below:
- Local Hackettstown Area Vendors (within 15 miles): $50
- In State Vendors: $75
- Out of State Vendors: $100
Each vendor will be given a 10 foot by 30 foot square space in the parking lot.
2. Eco Friendly Families: Helen Coronado interviews Robin O'Brien author of "The Unhealthy Truth". The topic of discussion is food allergies in our children.
Purchase this book on amazon.com while supporting WNTI by using this link:
The Unhealthy Truth: How Our Food Is Making Us Sick - And What We Can Do About It
3. Centenary Corner: Dr. Karl Hricko interviews two members of the Centenary staff who have been recently promoted into their positions, Dr. James Patterson, VP of Academic Affairs and Scott Hughes, Chief Information Officer.