The requested resource (/media/wgvu/header/pb/header.html) is not available
Last updated 1:23AM ET
March 3, 2021
Search NewsRoom
Search NewsRoom
go
Advanced Search
Tools
Tools
Local/State News
Local/State News
Daycare Death
(2008-03-20)
(wgvu) - PLAINFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - An autopsy reveals that a
2-year-old West Michigan boy died after ingesting a solvent or
rubbing alcohol.
Traces of acetone were found in Keenan Marshall's body fluids.
The chemical is the active ingredient in nail-polish remover and a
byproduct of deteriorating rubbing alcohol.
The boy had fallen ill February 18th at a home day care in Kent
County's Plainfield Township while his parents vacationed in
Mexico.
The day care operator had taken him to doctor two days later and
was told to keep the boy hydrated. The operator found him dead the
next morning.
State officials have suspended her license and are seeking its
revocation.
Kent County sheriff's deputies have ruled the death an accident.
© Copyright 2021, wgvu