The requested resource (/media/wgvu/header/pb/header.html) is not available
Last updated 7:16AM ET
March 5, 2021
Search NewsRoom
Search NewsRoom
go
Advanced Search
Tools
Tools
Local/State News
Local/State News
BAR FIRE
(2007-05-09)
(wgvu) - SAULT STE. MARIE, Mich. (AP) - Three people had to be sent to
the hospital following a fire at a Chippewa County bar.
The fire started yesterday in an apartment above the Gin Mill
Bar in Sault Ste. Marie. About 20 customers and several employees
were inside the bar when some of them smelled smoke coming from the
upstairs apartment.
A woman with an oxygen tank lived in the apartment, so some
employees went to check on her. The building was in flames minutes
later.
The woman and two others have been treated for smoke inhalation.
Investigators don't suspect foul play.
Meanwhile, the owner of the Gin Mill says the bar will re-open.

© Copyright 2021, wgvu