The requested resource (/media/wgvu/header/pb/header.html) is not available
Last updated 11:27PM ET
March 5, 2021
Search NewsRoom
Search NewsRoom
go
Advanced Search
Tools
Tools
Local/State News
Local/State News
IRAQ-DRIVER SHOT
(2007-02-12)
(wgvu) - THE BODY OF A CIVILIAN CONTRACTOR SHOT AND KILLED
BY AMERICAN TROOPS IN IRAQ IS BACK IN MICHIGAN.
SEVERAL INVESTIGATIONS HAVE BEEN LAUNCHED INTO DONALD TOLFREE'S
DEATH. THE 52-YEAR-OLD TRUCK DRIVER FROM ST. CHARLES WAS SHOT AS HE
DROVE TOWARD A MILITARY CHECKPOINT LAST WEEK.
A LAWYER FOR TOLFREE'S DAUGHTER SAYS TOLFREE TURNED AROUND WHEN
HE REALIZED HE WAS IN THE WRONG CONVOY. PATRICK GREENFELDER SAYS
TOLFREE WAS DRIVING BACK TOWARD THE CHECKPOINT WHEN HE WAS SHOT IN
THE HEAD.
TOLFREE WORKED FOR HALLIBURTON SUBSIDIARY K-B-R AND HAD BEEN
OVERSEAS FOR A MONTH.
A FUNERAL HOME IN CHESANING HAS THE BODY BUT FUNERAL
ARRANGEMENTS ARE PENDING.
AT LEAST 673 CIVILIAN CONTRACTORS HAVE BEEN KILLED IN IRAQ SINCE
THE WAR STARTED.

(COPYRIGHT 2007 BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.)


© Copyright 2021, wgvu