Around The Jazz Internet: Feb. 24, 2012A stash of classic BBC performances, Teenie Harris photos and, inevitably, Jeremy Lin. We're live next Wednesday with Donny McCaslin and Adam Rogers. Join us?
- Jazz 625, featuring Monk, Bill Evans, Oscar Peterson, the MJQ, etc. Watch it.
- Jeremy Lin, race binaries and jazz. By Nate Chinen.
- "Teenie" Harris photographs. You want to see these.
- RIP Mike Melvoin, pianist/NARAS president/studio musician.
- Randy Weston interview via Democracy Now!.
- Justin Faulkner, crazy-good young drummer, on his influences.
- The first jazz recording: On the ODJB.
- Sarah Elizabeth Charles, singer, interviewed at The Revivalist.
- More on the black audience at The Independent Ear. Plus, interview with Nicholas Payton on BAM.
- RIP Kay Davis, who sang with the Duke Ellington Orchestra.
- Slap-Tonguing, demystified.
- Destination: Out has posted its best of 2011.
- The Jazz Session spoke with The Wee Trio and Darcy James Argue.
Elsewhere at NPR Music:
- New Robert Glasper album. Hear it now.
- Kurt Elling on Wait Wait ... Don't Tell Me. He's good.
- Catherine Russell performs for Fresh Air.
- Galactic and Soul Rebels Brass Band in concert. Hear the recording.
- Chris Dingman is the guest on this week's Piano Jazz Rising Stars.
- JazzSet this week features Kevin Eubanks.
- Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz this week features guitarist Bobby Broom.
- New Vijay Iyer track makes Song of the Day this week.
Copyright 2012 National Public Radio. To see more, visit http://www.npr.org/.