The July Art Walk in downtown Springfield is traditionally a smaller, more intimate affair. Summer is in full swing, the university galleries are on summer break, and a few Art Walk members take time off for family and vacations. But that doesn’t mean there won't still be some great artist shows, demonstrations, music and more! In fact, this July's Art Walk bursts to life in three stages, like a Fourth of July firework! Due to the holiday, most Art Walk venues will be closed on First Friday July 4--except for Fresh Gallery and Springfield Brewing Company. They'll celebrate Independence Day by welcoming the public with new shows. Then they and 10 other venues will open their doors on Friday July 11 for the official July Art Walk, followed on Saturday July 12 by a brand new event, Second Saturday.
July 4 Openings:
Fresh Gallery features artists Linda Passeri and Alan O’Neal for its July 4 Opening, while Springfield Brewing Co. presents featured artist Arabella Woods.
Highlights of the July 11 Art Walk:
• "Left Undone," a show by Kate Baird, at Arts & Letters, plus fashion design contest winner Reyna Lay Designs’ new clothing line and DJ Philip K. Dickey
• "Pieces and Parts: Artwork by Karlei Baker" at Bookmarx
• The final exhibition of the Drawing Marathon at ideaXfactory, featuring visiting artist Shane Savage-Rumbaugh
• Live music & more at Nomad
• Featured artist Diane Minge at Qdoba Mexican Grill
• Live artist demonstrations at Springfield Hot Glass Studio
July 12 = Second Saturday
Like Art Walk, Second Saturday features art, music, art demonstrations and special events, but in a daytime, Saturday-stroll atmosphere perfect for art lovers of all ages. A separate press release with details on Second Saturday events will go out later this week.
For more information visit www.ffaw.org or call 862-2787 ext. 25.