In a double bill presenting different visions of Latin jazz in the 21st century, Cuadrado's band followed Manuel Valera's New Cuban Express at 92Y Tribeca in downtown New York City. The shows were broadcast on air via WBGO and in an online video webcast at this page on NPR Music. For more information about this series and a full concert archive, visit npr.org/checkoutlive.
All composition by Alexis Cuadrado, with text from Federico Garc?a Lorca.
- Movement 1: "Vuelta de Paseo"/"After a Walk"
- Movement 2: "Norma y Para?so - "Rey de Harlem"/"Standards and Paradise - King of Harlem"
- Movement 3: "Asesinato (Dos Voces de Madrugada En Riverside Drive)"/"Murder (Two Early Morning Voices on Riverside Drive)
- Movement 4: "Danza de la Muerte"/"Dance of Death"
- Movement 5: "La Aurora"/"Dawn"
- Movement 6: "New York (Oficina y Denuncia)"
- Movement 7: "Vals en las Ramas"
- Alexis Cuadrado, bass
- Claudia Acu?a, vocals
- Miguel Zen?n, alto saxophone
- Dan Tepfer, piano
- Mark Ferber, drums
Producer and Host: Josh Jackson; Audio Engineer: David Tallacksen; Production Assistant: Michael Downes. Recorded March 28, 2012 at 92Y Tribeca in New York, N.Y.