Custom Bucket #1
Are interesting events happening in your area? All event listings are submitted for consideration and will be reviewed and approved at the discretion of KPLU. Submissions are evaluated on the basis of timeliness, relevance, and service to the KPLU audience, and their inclusion is not guaranteed.
Commemoration of the 20th Anniversary of the Rwanda Genocide
General Event Information
Victoria, B.C. and Vancouver Island
Dates and Times:
May 14, 6:00PM-8:00PM; (Room B150, Bob Wright Centre)
Remember, unite, renew - commemorating the Rwandan genocide
The Commemoration of the 20th Anniversary of the Rwanda Genocide event is hosted by the University of Victoria's School of Public Administration, and UVic UNICEF Campus club in cooperation with the Rwandan community in Victoria. This is part of a wider commemorations events organized by the United Nations information Centre around the world, with several capitals holding observance to mark the anniversary.
- Dr. Philip Lancaster, adjunct UVic Professor and former military assistant to Dallaire to the United Nations Mission in Rwanda
- Ms. Shakilla Umutoni, Representative of the Government of Rwanda to Canada
- Dr. Susan Bissell, Associate Director, Chief of Child Protection, UNICEF
- Mr. Adama Dieng, Special Advisor to the Secretary General of the United Nations on the prevention of the genocide.
- Mr. Rusekampunzi Augustin, Representative of the Rwandan community in Victoria
- Ms. Angel Uwamahoro, Student at Fordham University, New York, USA.
Registration is required. RSVP via firstname.lastname@example.org