Custom Bucket #1
Are interesting events happening in your area? All event listings are submitted for consideration and will be reviewed and approved at the discretion of KPLU. Submissions are evaluated on the basis of timeliness, relevance, and service to the KPLU audience, and their inclusion is not guaranteed.
LeMay-America’s Car Museum Debuts ‘Family Zone’
General Event Information
Kids & Family
* contact the Venue listed below for ticketing information
Dates and Times:
December 14, 2013-December 31, 2014, 10:00AM-5:00PM
“The Family Zone is specially designed to provide the younger generation of car enthusiasts a means to experience the joys of the road in both fun and educational ways,” said David Madeira, president and CEO. “The new space also invites multiple generations to share with one another their treasured memories on the road, even as they foster the next generation of car lovers in their families.”
With visually-stunning graphics and five individual fun stations, the Family Zone features:
· Go for a Road Trip — Children can navigate their own travels from sea to shining sea on an oversized map of the United States.
· Learn How Cars Work — Visitors can learn about the basic systems that make cars work by exploring a chassis with exposed parts.
· Take the Wheel — Kids can test their driving skills and experience the thrill of being behind the wheel of a car along a simulated trail.
· Built for Speed — Children can race pinewood cars down a track and experiment with the science of speed.
The Family Zone will open to the public at 10 a.m. and will be preceded by a 9 a.m. private reception for honorary guests to preview the space. On Dec. 14, 15, 21 and 22, Family Zone visitors will also have a chance take photos with Santa in a 1906 Cadillac as part of ACM’s “12 Days of Christmas” annual celebration. For more information on the new Family Zone and museum activities, visit http://www.lemaymuseum.org/.